Cairns Business Delegation 24 October – 2 November 2018 – Port Moresby; Lae & Bougainville
- Wednesday, 24 October 2018
- Friday, 2 November 2018
- Port Moresby; Lae and Bougainville
- To further develop business ties and explore new opportunities;
- To promote the products and services of Cairns businesses at the annual Morobe Agricultural Show under the banner of the Australian Government; and to
- Actively support Cairns / Lae Sister City activities.
In October 2018 our Cairns delegation travelled to Port Moresby; Lae and Bougainville to meet potential business contacts; seek opportunities and increase their knowledge of doing business in PNG. 10 businesses accompanied by Mrs Sim Hayward, Ambassador, Sister City Program, Cairns Regional Council visited Port Moresby; Lae (Sister City of Cairns) and for a few, a stop-over in Bougainville.
The aims of the visit were:
Delegates connected with representatives from Austrade; DFAT; Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce & Industry; Lae Chamber of Commerce; Business Associations of Bougainville; Local Polititians and industry sectors such as Mining and Education & Training.
Tradelinked facilitated this successful visit and partnered with the Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce & Industry; Austrade in POM; DFAT in Lae and Bougainville; the Lae Chamber of Commerce and the Office of the Member for Lae and his team for “on the ground” support. Thanks to all who assisted in making this a worthwhile trip for all.